exclusions ignored

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by 1410, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1410

1410 Registered Member

Enterprise version

AMON is scanning files. I seen it scan edb.chk yet this is a file in amon exclusions. xmon is not working properly as a result.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you positive that edb, tmp and eml extenstions are excluded from scanning in the AMON setup per Microsoft's recommendation? Anyway, AMON does not scan inside edb files and I didn't have any problems with Exchange when AMON was set to scan all files.

File-level antivirus scanners scan a file when it is used or at a scheduled interval. The file scan causes a file to be locked when Exchange Server tries to access the file while it is being scanned. This causes an Exchange Server Information Store failure to lock the file. Eventually, this causes the file to become corrupted or unusable. All dynamic files that are used by Exchange Server must be exempted from file-level scanning. The core list of files that should be exempted are all .edb files, .log files, .chk files, and STM files. We recommend that all folder-hierarchy-containing files that are used by Microsoft Exchange Information Store be exempted from file-level scanning.

3. 1410

1410 Registered Member

yes these file you mention are excluded. edb.chk is excluded as a file yet I can see this being scanned by the amon mod.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please export the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset registry key to a file and send it to support[at]eset.com with this thread's url in the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.