Exclusion path

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Rambo, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rambo

Rambo Registered Member

I'm very happy with the new Beta2, 'cause it contains the path exclusion feature, which exists for a long while in the NOD32 2.7. I tested it, and I have two observation.

When I exclude a directory path (Setup / Antivirus protection / Edit exclusions ), I think, here is a logical mistake.
    The ESS does the (Setup/Computer Scan/Custom Scan/Scan Targets/Choosing this above mentioned DIR path) OnDemand scan. I think, when I exclude a path, and I want to scan only alone this path, the program should be to show me an error message, something like this:
    "Warning: you are trying to scan an excluding path!" It is mindless to force this scan, because we will not find any infection here.

When I exclude a directory path (Setup / Antivirus protection / Edit exclusions ), it would be a nice feature, that the report and the log file would contain an extra lines: "NOTE: you have x. pieces exclusion path! If you get a clean report, please think it over, that there is a possibility of threats inside the exlusion path!"

There are many cases, when the user breathes again to see a clean report, and he/she forgets the exclusions. I think it would be a useful feature, and a brand new feature - as I remember, none of the competitors have this!
    The ESET would be the very first with this. :) Please, do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.