Exclusion path

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Rambo, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rambo

Rambo Registered Member

I'm very happy with the new Beta2, 'cause it contains the path exclusion feature, which exists for a long while in the NOD32 2.7. I tested it, and I have two observation.

When I exclude a directory path (Setup / Antivirus protection / Edit exclusions ), I think, here is a logical mistake.
    The ESS does the (Setup/Computer Scan/Custom Scan/Scan Targets/Choosing this above mentioned DIR path) OnDemand scan. I think, when I exclude a path, and I want to scan only alone this path, the program should be to show me an error message, something like this:
    "Warning: you are trying to scan an excluding path!" It is mindless to force this scan, because we will not find any infection here.

When I exclude a directory path (Setup / Antivirus protection / Edit exclusions ), it would be a nice feature, that the report and the log file would contain an extra lines: "NOTE: you have x. pieces exclusion path! If you get a clean report, please think it over, that there is a possibility of threats inside the exlusion path!"

There are many cases, when the user breathes again to see a clean report, and he/she forgets the exclusions. I think it would be a useful feature, and a brand new feature - as I remember, none of the competitors have this!
    The ESET would be the very first with this. :) Please, do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.