Exclusion list not working

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Armin57, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armin57

Armin57 Registered Member

The exclusion list does not seem to be working properly. We have a program that hangs because eset keeps scanning files in realtime even-though the directory that the files are in, is in the exclusion list.

The program I'm using reads data from another computer that is sharing a folder. I have the mapped folder in the exclusion list, ex. M:\ and have also tried putting the full path: \\server\Data

When looking at eset statistics, it shows scanning files within the \\server\Data folder

Seems to be a bug with the software

2. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

The Statistics screen is a little bit tricky as files that you have "excluded" still run through the statistics screen. However files that are excluded do not run through the actual scan engine.

I would try turning off scanning of Network Drives under:

Antivirus and Spyware > Real-time File System Protections > Network Drives

3. Mat3000

Mat3000 Registered Member

I have the same problem like Armin57. It seems that the exclusion of files and folders on network drives does not work correctly.

My situation: A database application is installed on a server. ESET NOD32 slows down the application even if I have the folder of the database application in the real-time-scanning exclusion list (I tried the mapped folder and the UNC path).

The client pc has Windows XP 32bit with ESET NOD32 4.2.71.2 installed. The Server has Windows 2003 R2 32bit without any anti-virus software.

When I disable the scanning of network drives the database software runs smooth. The disabling of the scanning of network drives would solve the problem, but then I am unprotected if someone saves a file directly to a network drive. I don't want to install ESET on the server.

Is it a bug from ESET or is there another way to exclude a file or a directory on a network drive "at all"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.