Exclusion list includes On Demand....

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by MaVRiC, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaVRiC

MaVRiC Registered Member

I do not know if this ever happened with 2.7 as I probably took no notice. BUT with EAV3 today I decided to do a context on demand scan of a few folders and notice the realtime exclusion list also affects the on demand scan.

scan completed in 0 seconds
    Number of scanned objects: 0
    Number of infected objects: 0
    Number of cleaned objects: 0

The folder is not empty, including sub folders and contents there are 36281 files in it. Including a eicar test file that thought I would drop in to it as a test..

Can this be addressed in any way, I don't want realtime on this folder or certain others, but i would like to pull off a On demand on them now and then.

Cheers Mav.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There are no real-time protection exluisions. The exclusion feature is under "Antivirus and antispyware" and not under the real-time protection section in the setup tree. Exclusions are applied to both the real-time protection as well as the on-demand scanner and I for one do not see a reason to distinguish between them.

3. MaVRiC

MaVRiC Registered Member

Hey Marcos, yeah its no real biggie, Like I said I did not take much notice of it in 2.7, so obviously it works the same way.

Just set the real time protection to only scan listed extensions, and removed the folder from the exclusion. all cool all fixed :) was the standard "error.00000001 [problem lies between the keyboard and the chair]"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.