Exclusion for Desktop Lock-up

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by COSMO26, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

ESS 4.2.58.3 Auto FW setting/ XP Media Ctr '05/ SuperAS Pro/ Malwarebytes Paid/ Secunia PSI (analyzes if All Apps up-to-date).....

Suppose I suspect that a boot-up/Loading problem of (ie) SAS Pro above is Locking-up my desktop (Nothing works, even Start) IF That App Does Not Load properly. The key seems to be that the SAS icon Needs to load by the System tray Clock and that I see the SAS Splash Screen cycle.
    I expect their Sppt staff to ask about my main AV-FW app when I work with them to prove SAS Pro IS/Is NOT the cause and find a fix.

So, would making the "SuperAntiSpyware.exe" file path an ESS Exclusion be ALL I need to do to satisfy them that ESS is Not the cause of their App not loading Correctly all of the time? Many Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

Are you running two antivirus products in real-time together on the same machine? We highly recommend only running one antivirus product in real-time and using any other antivirus product for manual scans periodically.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. COSMO26

Thanks, Richard for the reply.

Super AS and Malwarebytes are both "real-time" but are you treating Both as AV products? I have Never had a problem with them with ESS since Feb '08 SAS and Jan '10 MBAM - although Version changes can start issues, I know.

What about my question re: ESS being Setup via SAS.exe Exclusion to NOT be a potential reason for the SAS loading issue at boot?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Not a long time ago mentioned here at Wilders' that there are issues with the full version of MBAM when used in conjunction with EAV/ESS (probably due to a real-time scanner present in the full version?)
    Although this is not related to SuperAS, there are known issues in other security software like the one mentioned here so the problem is not always necessarily at ESET's side. Are you able to reproduce the problem also on other computers running ESS and SAS? If so, try disabling each of the modules or features (real-time protection, firewall, Anti-Stealth, Self-defense), one at a time, to narrow it down to the particular one and let us know about your findings.

5. COSMO26

Thanks, Marcos. I don't think ESS IS the problem but to keep the other App providers from finger pointing back to ESS and delay their help I needed to know what I originally asked.

I'll press on with a Tech Sppt Ticket at SAS and go from there.

BTW, I did forget that on the Version Upgrade to 4.2.58.3 (which I am still using) I had an awful time and had to get ESET Sppt to take over my computer and erase a lot of files. They made me UN-Install MBAM, Re-Install ESS (which then installed OK) - THEN MBAM Re-install -- and Sppt said MBAM should Then not be an issue.

Thanks as always.

EDIT: This a.m. (13th) loaded OK and yesterday SAS Replied/suggested that I "Just Load ONE Program at boot" - which is like saying "Good luck". I Removed the Chk by "Open SAS with Windows" and Manually Start After Boot with Quick-Start Icon is Sys Tray. Boot-up Without issues again today (14th).

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.