exclusion failure

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by steveshank, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveshank

steveshank Registered Member

I am using version 3.0650 - The exclusion of files for the indepth deep scan simply does not work. I schedule a weekly scan using the in-depth profile. I removed a folder from the in-depth profile which contains a number of tools I use in my job as a computer consultant. Some of these tools are understandably mis-read by nod32 as viruses. Unchecking the folder containing these files does not stop nod32 from scanning them and finding and stopping the scan asking what to do.

Is there a trick to making the include not include what is unchecked?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I've tried it with the latest version of v4 and it worked like a charm. If the older version of v3 that you use doesn't retain selected folders, try adding the folder to the exclusion list (Setuo -> AV/AS -> Exclusions). I'd also suggest upgrading to v. 3.0.684 if you don't want to install v4 yet.

3. steveshank

steveshank Registered Member

Is there a special breathing exercise you are supposed to do to get it to update or to force one? Mine is configured to update but doesn't. I tried clearing the cache we'll see what that does.

thanks

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you have the virus signature database 4117 installed, then it's up to date. However, in order for the whole program to update to the latest version, you'd need to download and install the latest version manually. V3 users will be updated to the latest v3 (3.0.684) automatically soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.