exclusion by file type

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by chmiller, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chmiller

chmiller Registered Member

I need to exclude certain file types from AMON scans. I have gone to AMON setup/Detection/Extensions and have added the extensions that I want to have excluded. My question is whether I want to check "scan all files" or leave that unchecked. I'm unclear as to what that control specifically refers. In other words, if I check it, does that mean that it scans all files *except* for the extensions that I've listed, or if that is checked does it ignore/override the exclusions that I've listed and scan everything regardless?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

You can't exclude file type with the "Exclusions" tab in AMON .
    However , you can use the file types , as you mention .

No , this means that AMON scans only files with the extensions listed

3. chmiller

Thanks for the reply!

So to make sure I'm clear on this, if I want to scan all files except for files with the extensions that I listed, then I want to leave "scan all files" unchecked?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Leaving "Scan all files" uncheck means that AMON will scan only those file with the extensions listed . In your case , if you want to make AMON not scan a file type , you just uncheck "Scan all files" and then edit the extensions so that you make AMON scan the files with the listed extensions only

Attached Files:

5. chmiller

Thanks much. I understand it now. I had not experimented with checking/unchecking "scan all files" to see that the extension list changes depending on the check. Seeing that, it all makes sense. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.