exclusion by file type

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by chmiller, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chmiller

chmiller Registered Member

I need to exclude certain file types from AMON scans. I have gone to AMON setup/Detection/Extensions and have added the extensions that I want to have excluded. My question is whether I want to check "scan all files" or leave that unchecked. I'm unclear as to what that control specifically refers. In other words, if I check it, does that mean that it scans all files *except* for the extensions that I've listed, or if that is checked does it ignore/override the exclusions that I've listed and scan everything regardless?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

You can't exclude file type with the "Exclusions" tab in AMON .
    However , you can use the file types , as you mention .

No , this means that AMON scans only files with the extensions listed

3. chmiller

Thanks for the reply!

So to make sure I'm clear on this, if I want to scan all files except for files with the extensions that I listed, then I want to leave "scan all files" unchecked?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Leaving "Scan all files" uncheck means that AMON will scan only those file with the extensions listed . In your case , if you want to make AMON not scan a file type , you just uncheck "Scan all files" and then edit the extensions so that you make AMON scan the files with the listed extensions only

Attached Files:

5. chmiller

Thanks much. I understand it now. I had not experimented with checking/unchecking "scan all files" to see that the extension list changes depending on the check. Seeing that, it all makes sense. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.