Excluding Specific Startup Entry Detections

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Nightwing, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightwing

Nightwing Registered Member

After I log onto my computer, I get a notification bubble from NOD32.

"NOD32 Alert - Infiltration found in the system
    During the scan of files which are run automatically at computer startup, a malicious code was found in one or more files. For more information, please click this message."

I've excluded both the individual file and the directory through AMON setup, but it still sees it as a threat (I've gotten the notification twice while typing this). How do I tell NOD32 to ignore that file without turning the service off? Thanks in advance.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

You receive that ballon message from the kernel . It has no exclusions . It scans stuff that loads in memory after computer start.

If it is a potentially unwanted or unsafe application that is detected , you can uncheck their detection from AMON's Setup . If it is something else , it is strongly recommended that you follow NOD32's instructions and kill that threat.

3. Nightwing

It's a keylogger I installed myself, and it NOD32 still detects it after I uncheck potentially unwanted applications. I've had both installed for a while, and only lately have I been getting the notification messages.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Keyloggers are detected as Potentially unsafe tools .

Enabled detection for Potentially unwanted tools
    Disable detection for Potentially unsafe tools

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In ESS/EAV there's a special Setup button that allows you to customize the startup scanner's parameters.

6. Nightwing

I had the detection of both Potentially Unwanted and Unsafe Applications disabled. I didn't see unwanted/unsafe tools, or a way to customize the startup scanner parameters (ESS/EAV? I went through all the options...).

I just disabled the startup scan tasks. It may not be the absolute smartest thing to do, but lack of exclusions was one of the reasons I switched over from BitDefender in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.