Excluding items from PE scans

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by zigmund, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zigmund

zigmund Registered Member

How do I exclude certain software from scans and results.
    I would like to exclude Ethereal (it's a useful tool), Limewire, and a few other applications.
    I used to be able to do this in version 8 but not in version 9.
    I'm quite happy to take responsibility for security issues that may arise if I exclude some items.
    What I don't want is Privacy Expert uninstalling the applications, or whatever it does to disable them, if I fail to untick them in the results box.
    I'm teed off when I come to use them, only to find I have to reinstall the applications that PE has crippled, particularly as PE8 let me select what I wanted to eliminate from the scan.

2. newcastle surfer

newcastle surfer Registered Member

Excluding certain files from deletion was the issue that made me dump Acronis Privacy software from my system. The function was removed in version 8 and not reinstated for version 9. It meant every time I did a clean I had to manually exclude the files I wanted to keep. It was made worse by the fact they weren't in alpha order. In the end I was doing manually what I paid for the program to do automatically in the first place!

I purchased another program which suited my needs beter than the Acronis one and I'll never go back to it.

3. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

I agree totally... I have requested that this feature be returned, but to deaf ears. So look at another security solution...

4. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

10 days and still no respose from Acronis... typical!

5. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

2 months and counting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.