excluding forums from "New Posts"

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by sukarof, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I wonder if it is possible (now or in the future) to choose what forums are displayed in the "New posts" feature? To exclude some forums.
    I personally would like to be able to lsee posts that are only from forums I am interested in, rather than see posts from software that I don't use. I mean tbh there are at least one forum that has many posts that takes a lot of space in that section (New Posts). Since I (and probably most visitors) don't use that product which support forum seems to generate most of the posts.
    It might even be a good thing for that vendor ;)

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

If you go into User CP/Options, the last section at the bottom should be exactly what you're looking for.

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Thanks for your suggestion, but that is only for the last ten posts on the index page. I am thinking of the "New Posts" that resides between Calendar and the Search in the menu on the top of each page or as I do have this as my startpage here at wilders: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/search.php?do=getnew then I get all the posts that have been written since I visited wilders last time.
    I would like to see all the posts, but only in the areas that I am interested in.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I need such an option as well.

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Sorry, but that's an integrated Search function in vBulletin, and not something that'd be all that easy to alter. It would need a user selectable option based off a list of individually chosen forums, per member, and stored in the database. It's just too much customization, I'm afraid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.