Excluding files from IMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JimmyW, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyW

JimmyW Registered Member

I want to exclude a particular file from being blocked by IMON. The file is part of an application that I download in a zip from a web site. The file does not pose a threat, so this is a false alarm. It seems that I can exclude particular files from AMON, but not IMON. IMON allows only blanket exclusions by extensions, e.g., *.dat.

Per the advice of ESET's support, I twice sent the fike to scan@virustotal.com, but never received a response. ESET support provides no customer support, but merely suggests the same steps over and over, without resolution. Support suggested that I avoid the alert by setting NOD to exclude the file without notification. o_O That certainly makes no sense. Perhaps a list member can help.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What's the threat's name? If it's detected as a potentially unsafe/unwanted application, you'll need to disable that option in the IMON setup. Exclusions of particular files are not supported by IMON.

3. JimmyW

JimmyW Registered Member

Thanks. It's reported as a variant of the Win32/Statik application. I already excluded potentially unwanted and unsafe applications in the IMON scanner setup. I don't see another place to exclude applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.