exclude RVSYSTEM.CCH from backup?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Zarbi, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarbi

Zarbi Registered Member

I have been using Returnil for quite a few years now, it is really a great piece of software and one of the little gems I do not want to miss anymore ...

I am currently setting up a sytem for my father with Windows 7 Home Premium, Returnil 2010 and Acronis TrueImage. RVSYSTEM.CCH eats a lot of space on the harddisk but I guess I understand the basic principlie of this file which is used for the virtual system. So my understanding is that it is deleted each time the PC is shut down and created again after restart.

So can I exclude RVSYSTEM.CCH from ACRONIS backup without causing any trouble or damage and restore any previous image if necessary - because Returnil creates it after restart anyway?

My father had a stroke and lost his ability to read, so I need to make his system really failsafe and without any error messages coming up that may confuse him ...

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello Zarbi, welcome to the forums :)

Yes, you can exclude the cache file as it will just be recreated on the fly as needed when using the virtualization.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.