Exclude file type without a path

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ChronoStriker1, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChronoStriker1

ChronoStriker1 Registered Member

I need to know if its possible to exclude file types without paths. We store medical images, and its bogging down our storage servers having the antivirus scan the images as they come in. We also had a false positive on one image and I cant take the chance that it would delete it.

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Although it is generally not recommended, you can exclude certain file types from being scanned.

Open Advanced Settings
    Expand Antivirus and Antispyware
    Click on "real-time file system protection"
    Click on the Threatsense "Setup" button on the right
    In the Window that pops up, click "Extensions" on the left
    Use the Text box labelled "Extensions" to add whatever file extension you want excluded.
    You can see from the text listed there, that any extensions listed in that box will not be scanned.

Hope that helps

3. ChronoStriker1

ChronoStriker1 Registered Member

This is probably a dumb question but do i need the "." before the file extension? In this case would I add "DCM" or ".DCM"?

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Not a dumb question at all.

You do not have to include the period, just the extension letters.

Also, i noticed another place you might want to exlude them from.
    When you first open the Advanced Settings, click on the "Antivirus and Antispyware" on the left, and you'll see a similar "threatsense settings" button. Enter your extensions in there as well.

And a little further down the list on the left, there is an item called "on-demand computer scanning", go through the settings there and exclude the extension to prevent it from being manually scanned too.

HTH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.