Exclude by File Size from Monitoring.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Konata Izumi, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

Requesting for this feature. :)
    Because whenever I "highlight" a big big file (movies etc.) on my Windows XP, it freezes for a while. XD

or if possible, could you do the caching thing just like avast5's? :)

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello :)
    Prevx has a significant amount of intelligent caching in place, but it is strange that you would have a video file slowing down Explorer (as Prevx wouldn't scan the file at that point).

Could you send us a scan log by clicking Tools > Save Scan Results and send this to report@prevxresearch.com? We should be able to see what is causing the slowdown from there.

Thanks! :)

3. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

I set my avast to only scan files on execution. (including .dll, .js, and docs)
    the slowdown might be because avast is building up its cache the first time I highlight a file and PrevX does it at the same time...

PrevX and Avast didnt scan for the video file itself but those executables inside the same folder where the video was.

I'm now highlighting every folder I have so as to not get any slowdowns in the future :)

SCAN SCAN SCAN!!! CACHE CACHE CACHE! XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.