Exclude a browser from SOL

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by constantine76, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

Hi;

Been wanting to ask this one.

How can I exclude a browser form not being protected by SafeOnline?

I tried to exclude(add override) to SRWare Iron so it will run only in SBIE. It did not there's still the PrevxSOL icon at the top of the browser...?

I also often notice that when IE9 is minimized the con appears but when the browser is maximized I cannot see the icon any longer. I have to minimize it to see the icon...is that normal...?

I got PrevxSOL via facebook. Can I install over the beta version?

Just asking here.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Are you experiencing any problems when running your browser with SafeOnline? We currently don't offer a function to turn it off for a specific browser but I'm more curious as to why you need to turn it off.

The browser tab being on top of the browser in IE9 is correct, although you could move it by clicking on the tab and dragging/dropping the menu to wherever you like.

You probably can't update from the Facebook version as it is the same version number at the moment but you can uninstall/reinstall with the Facebook version and it will work properly.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

3. constantine76

Hello,

Thanks for replying. I am also currently using Sandboxie 3.54(paid version) and I wanted to distinguish browsers for:

(a) with SBIE only
    (b) with PrevxSOL only.

Pages seem to load slow when both are active the reason for the disntinction/segregation. When I want to use just SBIE I have to turn-off SOL --so that will be for all browsers. Now when I want to open a browser I want protected by SOL alone(at the same time I am using SBIE say, with Google Chrome) I can't since I have turned it off...

I seem to have read that PrexSOL is not fully compliant with FF4 and IE9 so if that's correct that will be SBIE to protect. The Opera with PrevxSOL...something like that.

Just asking here.

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

You don't need to disable SOL. SOL won't work inside Sandboxie, unless you open a hole in Sandboxie. Therefore, all you got to do is open an unsandboxed browser, which will then be protected by SOL. You can open the sandboxed browser you want, and SOL won't load.

I do find issues with copy and pasting from one session to the other, though. Not always, but... quite often... odd.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

If you have any issues with copy/paste, send a scan log to report@prevxresearch.com and we will fix them :)

6. constantine76

Yeah. Me too. Even when I have changed the settings (not maximum).

I'll have a scan log later and send it at report@prevxresearch.com later in the day. I am at the office now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.