Excite cookie

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Senbar, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senbar

Senbar Registered Member

Hi,
    I downloaded Spyblaster and I have notice that I can't access my e mail account at Excite, my password doesn't work. When I disable Spyblaster I don't have any problems accessing my e mail. My Excite e mail is the only site I have problems accessing with Spyblaster, any suggestions as to why this is?

2. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

Senbar,

I am no expert on this, but I opened SpyWareBalster, looked in the IE settings and way down toward the bottom on the "Customize the block list", I saw that "Excite" has been set to block the cookies. It is possible that your ISP will not let you get email without accepting the cookie. A way to check this would be to uncheck the "excite" try to logon to your email & see if it works.

Hope that this helps & have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Along with HelpFromFrance most excellent instructions....if un-checking that item does indeed allow access to Excite....use the ignore feature in Spywareblaster.

Once you have located that entry....right-click on that item and choose "Ignore List...>Add Item to Ignore List". This will put Excite in the permanent ignore list.

4. HelpFromFrance

Bubba,

Thanks, I was really affraid to answer since I am not really an expert at this, & didnot want to give bad advice but wanted to try & help. You have made my day :D

Thanks & have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Trust me....none of us are experts at this....and most folks @ Wilders simply are here to try & help....and most of all....have a good time :eek:

You have a nice day also ;)

6. Senbar

Senbar Registered Member

Bubba, HelpfromFrance,
    Thank you guys for your suggestions, I am now able to access my Excite E mail.

7. HelpFromFrance

Senbar,

No problem, I am just glad I could help. :D

Have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.