Excite cookie

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Senbar, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senbar

Senbar Registered Member

Hi,
    I downloaded Spyblaster and I have notice that I can't access my e mail account at Excite, my password doesn't work. When I disable Spyblaster I don't have any problems accessing my e mail. My Excite e mail is the only site I have problems accessing with Spyblaster, any suggestions as to why this is?

2. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

Senbar,

I am no expert on this, but I opened SpyWareBalster, looked in the IE settings and way down toward the bottom on the "Customize the block list", I saw that "Excite" has been set to block the cookies. It is possible that your ISP will not let you get email without accepting the cookie. A way to check this would be to uncheck the "excite" try to logon to your email & see if it works.

Hope that this helps & have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Along with HelpFromFrance most excellent instructions....if un-checking that item does indeed allow access to Excite....use the ignore feature in Spywareblaster.

Once you have located that entry....right-click on that item and choose "Ignore List...>Add Item to Ignore List". This will put Excite in the permanent ignore list.

4. HelpFromFrance

Bubba,

Thanks, I was really affraid to answer since I am not really an expert at this, & didnot want to give bad advice but wanted to try & help. You have made my day :D

Thanks & have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Trust me....none of us are experts at this....and most folks @ Wilders simply are here to try & help....and most of all....have a good time :eek:

You have a nice day also ;)

6. Senbar

Senbar Registered Member

Bubba, HelpfromFrance,
    Thank you guys for your suggestions, I am now able to access my Excite E mail.

7. HelpFromFrance

Senbar,

No problem, I am just glad I could help. :D

Have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.