Exchange Licensing

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Gazman, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gazman

Gazman Registered Member

Anyone else not happy with the way licensing in the new version of the exchange scanner?. I have clients who have many mailboxes in their system ( resource mailboxes,old user mailboxes, internal only mailboxes). It is unfair to ask them to purchase licenses for mailboxes that do not receive mail or are not externally enabled. Why have eset taken this approach to licensing of exchange ( money gouging? ). I am considering options and may well drop the mail scanner from ESET and use another vendor whose licensing model is more appropriate.

2. lemongalaxy

lemongalaxy Registered Member

Yes, this is a crazy licensing model. I have 100 NOD32 and Exchange AV licenses for 100 computers (which includes servers) but now I need to buy more mailbox licenses even though I already have more licenses than users. This is simple greed and will result in me looking elsewhere when renewal comes around.

3. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Do the changes that I find here help in your situations?

BFG

4. CYaBro

CYaBro Registered Member

Yea don't like it.
    It counts the administrator mailbox as well when this is not even used!

Will also start to look at other exchange mail server security software if this is not fixed.

5. PRB

PRB Registered Member

This needs to be fixed. Counting resource mailboxes is just ridiculous! It would be nice to be able to exclude specific mailboxes from protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.