Exchange Exclusions

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by thenoble06, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenoble06

thenoble06 Registered Member

As a user of XMON - I am interested to learn if I had to set up exclusions for XMON/AMON etc on our Exchange server - or whether NOD32 is Exchange aware enough to set the exclusions up automatically?

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    You need to manually set them in AMON exclusions.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

AMON in NOD32 for Exchange already has the required file extensions excluded.

4. thenoble06

Marcos - I was under that impression as well. But AMON yesterday detected a J/Loop trojan in the Mailroot directory (blahblah.eml file). I thought this directory should not be scanned (according to Microsoft in one of there TechNet articles).

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have XMON 2.71 installed? If so, could you check the extension list if eml extension is there?

6. thenoble06

We run 2.7 of NOD32, I'm not sure what the exact version of XMON is (how do I find out?)

And as for the extensions that are scanned by XMON - the tick box for Scan All Files is ticked under the extensions tab.

In AMON - the .eml extension is on the inlcuded list of extensions to be scanned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.