excellent Support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by feddup, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feddup

feddup Registered Member

With so many discouraging stories at Wilders regarding True Image I thought I'd post a limited success story. I did extensive research on TI prior to purchase. I've got an Asus P4C800-e Deluxe MB with two 74 gig Raptors on the ICH5R controller and two Seagate 7200.7 on the promise as Ide. I asked about this config at wilders and got mixed results. I purchased TI 8.0 Build 786 and installed with many glitches. Acronis support continued to corresond with me through a ten day dialogue until all features were functional including verification of images. I want to point out that I've not attempted to restore yet so the "testing" is far from over. My point is that there willingness to pursue success almost exceeded mine. Most software makers abandon you after the purchase. If the product and the Tech support continues as I've seen I plan on patronizing them for a long time. I haven't restored yet but i'm going to test within a month and hopefully will post positive results.

2. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Registered Member

I, too, have an ongoing issue with TI, and, I, too would like to say that the persistence, courtesy and helpfulness that Acronis have shown in trying to resolve my issue is second to none.

The fact that Acronis obviously cares deeply about customer satisfaction is to be applauded and should help to convince people deciding whether or not to purchase - I certainly haven't come across a software company that is so geared to willing support.

Credit where credit is due.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello feddup and NineToTheSky,

Thank you for your warm words. We were really glad to know we could be of help to you.

It is one of the main Acronis policy concepts to help customers to use the software not just sell it to them. Our Support Team is trying to do its best in order to help everyone who is experiencing any difficulties with Acronis products and answer all the questions you have.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. mareke

mareke Registered Member

feddup you are using identical hardware to mine; same motherboard, hard drives, controllers etc and apart from Acronis not finding the drives when I used an earlier boot CD I've had no glitches at all. If you have to restore an image it should go smoothly based on my experience.

5. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Yup, ICH5R here too and it works like a charm.

6. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I'm impressed with Acronis and wilders. When you research a purchase using the posts on forums from other users you get a one sided view. Sort of like politics. You just have to be aware of the fact that an abnormally high percentage of what you see will be people needing help. I'm still apprehensive about attempting a restore. My friends think I'm crazy but the way you test anything is try it. I'm not going to wait until I desperately need TI to see if it works. I also realize that the closer your rig is "leading edge" (SATA, Raid, etc.) the harder it's going to be. Acronis deserves credit for attempting to adapt as quickly as they do. The people with Intel's ICH6R controller are further out on the edge and, guess what, trouble city. Most people run what i call sheep PCs that weren't cool three years ago the day they were produced. They might be able to walk into Walmart (sheep city) and get imaging software that works off the shelf but blazing performance is something they'll never see. Is a leading edge PC a pain, absolutely! Is it worth it? That's personal. If I've learned one thing at Wilders it's that keeping every last piece of malware out of your PC is probably impossible. I'm hoping TI is the ultimate PC protection tool. The ability to go back in time. I've blabbered on for too long. I hope I'm not eating my words when I attempt, and potentially fail, restoration. At least I'm pretty sure Acronis will attempt to help me figure out what went wrong. I'm going to attempt restoring it's the only way I'll be able to trust the software. Thanks to Acronis and Wilders. I've learned a great deal here!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi there - as it may have been skipped by us folks here other than the Acronis support people - welcome to Wilders ;) - I am glad to hear Acronis has been taking good care of you, and even happier to know that you have enjoyed Wilders so far. We hope you will stick around and feel absolutely free to participate in all the other forum sections at will as well. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.