excellent acronis support ...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by masterson, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterson

masterson Registered Member

In the past 2 weeks with the help of Acronis employees, I have maneuvered my way thru learning and successfully using True Image 9.1 Workstation to restore images. I have gotten the best support from a software company than i can remember in the past decade.

On the weekends tho, I have to turn to this board for help. Since probably alot of you have been thru this before, may I ask the following:

Unfortunately TI 9.1 workstation doesn't seem to support my raid controller (ICH7R from intel) in RAID 5. I have Three 80gb hd's in RAID 5 for a total of 160 gb in one array (C) with no partitioning. I have "semi-successfully" restored an image of this RAID 5 160gb C drive to a 300 gb SATA hard drive on the 4th SATA port of this system, but it only shows the 160gb's and not the full 300gb. I say "semi-successful", because it sees the 4th hard drive and the files when booting win XP from the original C drive (the Three 80gb hd's in RAID 5), but won't boot win XP from the restored image on the 4th hard drive directly.

But, with the help of Acronis Tech support, I got directions on how to use TI 9.1 workstation WITH Universal Restore to restore the image to the 300gb hd with the intel Raid controller turned off ... but I still only see a 160gb array on this 300gb drive.

Does anyone know how i go about seeing the other 140gb?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Since you have already restored, the only way I see it is to use something like Partition Magic to re-allocate the missing 140 gig, which it will do without disturbing the rest of the files.

3. masterson

I was thinking along those lines, but with Universal Restore i thought it was suppose to see that it is a 300gb hard drive. It's the same system, but with only a larger hard drive. I really want to restore the image to only one, larger drive and not have the 2 partitions.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello masterson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subjects of the letters that you received from Acronis Support Team? We will review the correspondence and see what more can be done regarding this issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. masterson

Hi Alexey,

I think the number is one of the following:

[Acronis #559142
    [Acronis #559198

thank you for any help you can provide.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello masterson,

Did you try to perform a workaround provided by Vasily Semyonov in the e-mail from Apr 28? Here is the quote:

You can also try to use Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE. Using this plug-in you will be able to install drivers for your RAID controller. You can use either official Acronis plug-in for BartPE or Mustang created one. Please note that Acronis Universal Restore does not included into official Acronis pug-in. If you would like additional detailed information concerning BartPE, you can find it at http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.