Excel 2007 blocked macros password pretected document

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by magellan_c, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magellan_c

magellan_c Registered Member

Since the installaton of NOD32 v3 I can't activate homemade macros from a password protected Excel document -removing the password every thing goes well-.The message I get: "Security Alert This file contains encrypted macros that have been disabled because there is no antivirus software installed that can scan them." Never encounter that problem with NOD32 v2.7 .
    Microsoft explanation : This behavior occurs if the computer is not running an active antivirus program that supports the scanning of encrypted* content as supported by the Microsoft Antivirus API. In this case, macros are disabled in encrypted Office Open XML files.( article ID 927150).

* Note. An encrypted file is a file that you protect by using any of the following methods: • Password protection, • Information Rights Management (IRM), • Workbook protection in Microsoft Office Excel 2007.

The question: how to keep macros enabled in a password protected document with NOD32 v3?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume that it's because v2 has DMON which utilizes Microsoft Antivirus API to scan documents, and ESS/EAV don't have such a module yet.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yet? Do you at all need it with real-time file system protection enabled ?

5. magellan_c

magellan_c Registered Member

I guess you are right! After reinstall of v 2.7 all is fine!

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.