Ex-Admin Deletes All Customer Data and Wipes Servers of Dutch Hosting Provider

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by stapp, Jun 10, 2017.

1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

A lesson learnt, the hard way, before you let someone to acknowledge, that he has been fired, make sure to take away his privileges. :isay:

3. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Well this is odd. I wonder if an issue with a game site I just reported in the HMPA beta thread is "connected" to this. Same time frame, same region (Europe), site is currently still down, can't download anything. This is a fairly popular game site-- going on two days without access to your stuff is ...unusual. Trying to download something shows a 404 error in Firefox and an error page in IE though the main site loads and you can ping it.

Criminal any way you slice it, right?

4. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  5. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Thanks very much for the link to the discussion, FanJ. I read it all the way through. Clearly a very serious matter.

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Perhaps also an idea, to monitor for back-doors on the server. But I'm not sure if he used malware.

7. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

You're welcome plat1098, but credits go to stapp who gave the link to the BleepingComputer article where the link was mentioned (so credits also to BleepingComputer).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.