ewido

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by waters, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

Ewido has just been installed and 1st scan has found 9 problems and sent to quarantine.Ad aware found nothing.Is there a place to do a scan for spyware,i mean like jottis

2. ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D Guest

Webroot has a free spyware scan available. http://www.webroot.com/services/spyaudit_03.htm?WRSID=cdd3165ae35fb3141b661b6453145bd0
    Another is Pest Scan by Pest Patrol. http://home.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.en...lient=ComputerAssociates&sid=35715&CID=188513
    But neither will remove any spyware that they find, they only report it if found on your system.

That's why I would consider downloading Microsoft's anti-spyware, A Squared or Spybot, and do scans with them. All three are free. I'm not sure how accurate either online scan really is, and you could get false positives with either. That's why the free programs I mentioned (MSAS, A2 & Spybot) are really your best bet for cross checking for spyware/malware. Hth.

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

The new ewido has the possibility to configure its scan settings. If you have every box ticked you are going to be finding a lot of minor stuff and 'riskware' that you may not even want to delete. So what exactly did ewido find?

After a scan you have the option to save the report, this is useful for refering back to. If you have it why not post it here?

4. waters

waters Registered Member

Thanks,but what i did was quarentine.I then did some online scans which found nothing.
    I then installed a2 and microsoft beta.
    Both found nothing,so i uninstalled ewido.
    I used to have ewido but previously uninstalled it after deleatingsome alerts,to then find some things would not work.
    I think i will stick to adaware and a2.

5. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

What about posting the contents of the quarantine?

6. peter.ewido

How should other scanners detect quarantined items? They simply can't...

Are you really expecting other scanners to detect something AFTER the ewido security suite has cleaned your system to show that the detections by ewido were valid? Or am I missing something here?

7. waters

waters Registered Member

Restored first.But you have them because i sent them to ewido

8. peter.ewido

As we are getting a massive amount of submitted files every day I need more details about the submission, thanks :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  9. waters

waters Registered Member

Decided to install ewido again just to see what it found this time,last time i didnt know about scan report.
    This time it only found 1 problem.Spyware.Cookie.Questionmarket .
    Will keep ewido and see how it goes .
    Used the 3 version and thought how good it was .
    tried the beta i think and had false posatives,so uninstalled.
    I think this is why when i tried it again and it found so many problems i didnt trust it.
    Also after installing it i rebooted before i did a scan.
    last time i dont think i did.

10. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I wish I would have such a lot of "riskware" and minor stuff after scanning. Nothing shows up here (full scan, all options checked). I had some fp's in the 3.5 beta, only 4 or 5.

Gerard

11. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You're lucky, I've got 4 pieces of Riskware, all relating to my ISP and entirely harmless - but with the characteristics of 'diallers'. KAV also finds them, but I can exclude them from KAV scans.

Then there are all those Tracking Cookies that could be found (not that I have any), there may even be minor Adware on a system that the owner wishes to retain.

Who knows what Waters found - he's not saying!

These aren't FPs - they are actual findings!

12. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.