Ewido shows it detected malware in Status is there anyway to know what?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Socio, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socio

Socio Registered Member

Hello,

I just upgraded to 4.0 last night and I checked the Status just now and under " detected malware so far" it shows a count of 84. I have it set to remove tracking cookies automatically and I assume most or all of that 84 are tracking cookies.

However I am curious about it and was wondering if there was a way to see exactly what the malware was being detected and if it was successfully deleted? Is there a way to generate report or view a log that shows what it was and actions taken?

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Go to Scanner/Settings to choose when to generate reports.

When malware is found you will get a pop-up requiring action on your part; you can choose whether to delete/Quarantine/Skip etc.

If deletion fails you should be informed. You can always check the quarantine section to see what has been put there.

If you have opted to automatically remove tracking cookies, you will not be informed of any deletion - it will just happen - but your malware counter will be increased, and that is the only way you will know it has happened. If you have tracking cookies in your cookie folder and do a right click scan of the folder, the scan result will inform you that nothing was found - even though the trackers have been deleted! Cookies are unimportant to the safe running of your system, so this offers a way of dealing with them without any fuss or bother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.