Ewido scan crashes the program

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by PaulW, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulW

PaulW Registered Member

Ran the online scanner beta and had it crash midway during a scan. Tried several attempts and still crashed. I downloaded ver 3.5 to see if it would scan successfully - same problem. Scan works OK until somewhare in my E: drive and it crashes and dissappears. I ran it on the drives individually and it worked fine on C:, D: and F:. Ran in again a couple more times on "E: and it crashed again. Happens so fast that I can't tell what it is scanning when it dies. I then scanned my E:, a folder or two at a time, and it made it all the way through without a problem. Also checked the iTunesSetup.exe as described earlier - no problem. Is there a solution to this problem or a process to use to troubleshoot?

2. andsome

andsome Registered Member

I too am getting problems. I am near to the end of my 14 day trial, and until now Ewido has run perfectly. It was my intention to pay for a licence. However, three times today the program has frozen at or near to 47.5% scan. I have had to shut down by pressing the off switch as everything was frozen.

Running XP Home SP2.

Spybot, A Squared and Nod 32 all scan with no problem at all.

3. andsome

BUMP. Any suggestions please?

4. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Close down all running programs in the lower right systray, disable your AV and see if it completes a scan. If it does complete a scan, go up from there, activating, say 2 of the programs, and test a scan. The probability is that there is a program conflict. OR there is a corrupt data base in Ewido....in which case you can download/run the Ewido SignatureCleaner and then update fresh definitions.

5. andsome

Many thanks. I will reinstall it and try that.

6. andsome

In case of a corruption, I uninstalled the program. Did a search and deleted remaining files, then ran RegScrub XP and Crap Cleaner. Downloaded afresh and reinstalled. All is now running perfectly. It must have been a corruption. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.