EWIDO REGISTRY ENTRIES

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by stapp, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I did a search in my registry with registrar lite and found numerous entries in HKLM software and system for ewido.
    I uninstalled ewido when I got avg antispyware 7.5, would these reg entries be safe to delete?

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

They should be OK to delete. You should have a Key for Grisoft at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE, but not ewido.

One thing that doesn't delete when you uninstall ewido are the legacy Keys at:-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\*ControlSet*\Enum\Root\LEGACY_

The ewido ones are safe to delete, but you have to right click the Key and change permissions in order to do so.

Back up each key before deleting, just to be safe.

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Thanks for the reply Topper

4. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Never remove a LEGACY_* key from anything other than CurrentControlSet. The others (ControlSet002, ControlSet003--it varies by system) will be updated to reflect the removal after successful reboots. The ControlSet00n keys are used for the "Last known good" recovery function, so it's generally not a good idea to mess with them (and there is no reason to anyway).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.