Ewido Problems

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by WilliamP, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I can't turn on Realtime protection, on the full version, or my CPU goes to 100% Today when I came home the computer was dragging. I went into Task Manager and Ewidogaurd was at 100% with Realtime Protection turned off. I shut off Ewidogaurd then turned it back on. It is behaveing now ,of course RPT is still off. I was wondering if I'm the only one having problems?

2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Hmm, have you already rebooted your PC?

3. WilliamP

Yes I have.

4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

And what exactly happens if you enable the realtime protection? It's btw. normal that the guard consumes 100% cpu for about 5-10 seconds as it's performing an initial memory scan.

5. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I had this problem rather continually with Ewido (not just during its start-up scan). I ended up having to totally disable the Ewido Guard component. I'm hoping that Ewido version <whatever> makes it usable for me.

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

William,

Is it possible using Process Explorer and post a screenshot of the performance of Ewido Guard?
    And what other apps. are monitoring in real time?
    Cheers,

Gerard

Attached Files:

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Hi Gerard,

My ewido Guard is the same as yours in practically taking up no CPU usage, except of course on bootup.

However, there seems to be some systems where this is a CPU problem and fish is aware of this.

Oh the joys of trying to make a software program run happily on all computers!!!!

Attached Files:

8. WilliamP

Hi guys I'm back and right now it is behaving itself. To be honest I was unaware of the 10 to 20 second initial booting where it uses so much CPU. I will wait and see what happens. I have a Dell 8200 Windows XP Home Edition. I have NOD 32 AMON running all the time, SpywareBlaster and MS Anti Spyware also Process Guard. I think that is all that may affect it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.