Ewido Problems

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by jackiem95, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackiem95

jackiem95 Registered Member

In the past, I successfully used Ewido's online scan. Now, when I go to their site and click on "Scan Now," nothing happens. I have located Ewido on my computer, but am unable to run the program from there, either. If there is a "contact" or "help" function on their web site, I can't find it. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Ewido's online scan (activeX) only worked once here and would never load again what ever I tried. If you have another browser such as Fx or without active X, Ewido's micro scanner should work just fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  3. jackiem95

Thanks for your response. I tried again to see if the message about needing Active X controls came up. It didn't. Absolutely nothing happens when I click on "Scan Now." Apologies for my ignorance here, but I don't know what Fx is or whether I have it.

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Oh I'm sorry, its short for firefox.

If you have gone to the site without internet explorer or active X disabled you will be offered to download ewido micro, then you can start it from the desktop whenever you want without opening a browser.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  5. jackiem95

I fear that I am not technically knowledgeable enough to understand all of this. I use Internet Explorer. Does that mean I will be unable to use Ewido? I don't know how to disable Active X. Sorry for my lack of information. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.