Ewido Problems

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by jackiem95, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackiem95

jackiem95 Registered Member

In the past, I successfully used Ewido's online scan. Now, when I go to their site and click on "Scan Now," nothing happens. I have located Ewido on my computer, but am unable to run the program from there, either. If there is a "contact" or "help" function on their web site, I can't find it. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Ewido's online scan (activeX) only worked once here and would never load again what ever I tried. If you have another browser such as Fx or without active X, Ewido's micro scanner should work just fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  3. jackiem95

Thanks for your response. I tried again to see if the message about needing Active X controls came up. It didn't. Absolutely nothing happens when I click on "Scan Now." Apologies for my ignorance here, but I don't know what Fx is or whether I have it.

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Oh I'm sorry, its short for firefox.

If you have gone to the site without internet explorer or active X disabled you will be offered to download ewido micro, then you can start it from the desktop whenever you want without opening a browser.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  5. jackiem95

I fear that I am not technically knowledgeable enough to understand all of this. I use Internet Explorer. Does that mean I will be unable to use Ewido? I don't know how to disable Active X. Sorry for my lack of information. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.