Ewido Online Scan

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Thailand_for_YOU, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thailand_for_YOU

Thailand_for_YOU Registered Member

It has happened consistently during the past several days. During the online scan (at http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/ ) after several minutes my browser (Maxthon) is suddenly closed up without any prompt just disappears from the screen.

BTW, it doesn't happened when I run a Complete System Scan with updated AVG Anti-Spyware v 7.5.0.50 plus. The result of the scan is "Everything is OK."

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello . Why are you using this Maxthon ? Use Internet Explorer , Firefox , Opera , you know they'll work .

Online scanners(most) require ActiveX which is a technology owned by Microsoft and that's why they work only with Internet Explorer (version 6 or newer) . Try using it with Internet Explorer or simply use your AVG AS :thumb:

3. Thailand_for_YOU

Thailand_for_YOU Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, HiTech_boy.

Maxthon is BTW based on the Internet Explorer engine. I'm using it for quite a time now. It had implemented tabs and other additions that were not available in IE 6.

I was thinking maybe there is some sort of malicious spyware that upon detection turns the browser off (and couldn't be detected by AVG Anti-Spyware).

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

Yes , I have seen Maxthon , it really looks like IE (and is based on it) but I find nothing appealing in it . The new Internet Explorer 7 has tabs and all the modern things . Mozilla Firefox has tabs , too and is quite secure , by the way .

Anyway , it is your choice , just remember that there require ActiveX which only Internet Explorer uses ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.