Ewido goes berserk!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by TopperID, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed it, but since the latest updates from Ewido every time I click Scanner/Scan Memory I get about 40% through the scan and suddenly get a reboot forced on me!

It happens every time (though never in the past) and I have been frantically looking at my system to see if anything else is to blame, but no luck so far.

Anyone else experience this this? :rolleyes:

2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Sorry TopperID but works fine for me.

Thanks,

Chris

3. Microtao

Microtao Registered Member

It works fine for me, too

Cheers !

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

yep same here, working good, do you give ewido propper rights in your security apps? do you have OP?

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

6. TopperID

Damn, it's still doing it!

It must be my system, I'll have to investigate further. :'(

7. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Hmm... can see which process is scanned before the PC crashes? Can you test your memory with a tool like "memtest86"?

8. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi TopperID,

In the past, I've had to unload and reload Ewido several times. There must be some conflicts somewhere. Nowadays, I just run it on demand. I keep KAV 4.5.104, ZoneAlarm Pro, and BOClean in realtime.

Rich

9. TopperID

All these reboots are getting on my nerves!

I tried doing a full system scan with Ewido, which went OK - no reboot.

The memory scan reboots me when it gets to Kavm, so I turned off KAV, tried again and got rebooted even earlier!

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with "memtest86". I have noticed that all these reboots knock out my settings on Zone Alarm Pro and I have to reset it again! I really don't understand this at all.

There has been a new ZAP release but I uninstalled it and went back to the old version - still no joy. Could the Ewido guard somehow interfere with the installation of Zone Alarm?

10. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I am not sure if you have done this or not but anytime a reboot occurs before a proper shutdown with ZA it will cause it to lose settings (for me at least). I would recommend setting the settings in ZA restarting properly then try your tests with Ewido so you don't keep having to reset them. Also I had this problem with adaware yesterday because of some ad/spyware causing it to reboot. Have you ran anything like adaware or spybot? Just ideas if you already tried them please disregard.

Thanks,

Chris

11. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

That is quite possible. I always disable any of my security software when installing new or updating old security software to ensure no conflict. I only do this in cases of security software I trust and after a manual scan with my anti-virus, anti-Trojan, and anti-spyware software....

12. TopperID

Over the last couple of days I've had more boots than a cobbler!!!

It definately seems to reboot while looking at Kaspersky, but swithing off KAV makes no difference and this never occured prior to the recent big download from Ewido; so I'm still suspicious of this being the cause, even if it only affects me! :doubt:

The only other possibility is a 'critical' update I received from HP a couple of days ago, but I can't do anything about that.

I've tried everything I can think of, so for me the solution is - don't do a memory scan with Ewido! :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.