Ewido/AVG AS malware submission

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Londonbeat, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

For years I've been using the Malware submission form on Ewido's website to submit new/suspicious samples, updates were always released within a day or two without fail for confirmed new malware.

The last couple of weeks I've submitted a lot of new samples of new variants of the storm worm, trojan zlob, and others.. using Ewido's malware submission form but not one is yet detected. Given what I've read on this forum regarding ewido's demise, I was wondering if they are still analysing samples sent to Ewido's site? If not, where should new malware be sent to be included in the AVG AS database, are samples sent to grisoft's standard AV address virus[AT]grisoft.cz also included in AVG AS/Ewido database?

Thanks,
    Londonbeat

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

In my experience, some but not all the samples I send directly to Grisoft for analysis are added to the Ewido database as well. I asked about this to Grisoft and I got a reply saying that since I use AVG Anti-Malware, it is of little concern which engine the signatures are added to, as long as there is a detection.

I would recommend you to directly email Grisoft at either their technical support or virus submission email addresses (both will do), and explicitly mention that you use AVG Anti-Spyware and NOT AVG Anti-Malware or AVG Pro. Also include your license key number in the body of your message.

In my personal experience any matter related to Ewido and not Grisoft takes a longer time than usual to get a response, but it is usually done satisfactorily.

3. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

Thanks for the info, Firecat.

Londonbeat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.