Ewido and Windows Vista

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by RakiuraSkies, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RakiuraSkies

RakiuraSkies Registered Member

Have just installed Windows Vista. It advises me that there is a 'known compatibility issue' with Ewido 4.0 Is there an update available for this?

2. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

I do not think so. In ewido website, they say it is developed for Windows 2000 and XP (32-bit). Perhaps some future version will add support for Vista?

3. RakiuraSkies

They would bl@@dy need to! I didn't shell out good money for this software just to have it disabled at the 1st software/OS update with NO upgrade path!!!

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=788196#

5. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Well, one could argue that since the original poster insists on using OS that is in beta stages, he should be aware that not all his applications may yet support it.

6. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

It will be several months AFTER the public release of a final Vista before the majority of third party software has been adapted to run reliably on Vista. That's SOP. Ewido has bigger fish to fry at the moment than worrying about Vista. JMO

7. RakiuraSkies

Fine. If THAT is going to be the prevalent attitude around here I'll take my business to a software developer that gives a shite about his fee-paying customers.

My only regret now is that I only paid for this "service" last week.

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There's really no need in getting your knickers in a knot given the fact no one from ewido support has yet responded to your inquiry....only members like myself that have no vested interest in ewido except being a user like yourself. However....there is a quote above where-by it is commented by an ewido support rep\software developer that they will have a Vista ready version in the future but not at the moment. Having said that....I personally don't feel it's asking to much to let the Vista OS become official before making "take my business" elsewhere type comments :doubt:

Bubba

9. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

I didn't responsed since you have already given the answer I would give ;)

Windows Vista will be supported in future, but currently is not.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

10. berng

berng Registered Member

And I'm sure from the first day it goes public, if not before. :)

For new operating systems, security products are the category that need to work from public day one. Otherwise, you should not install the OS.

Not very practical when Vista is released out and there is no vendor malware or virus protection support.

You'd just be completely dependent on the Microsoft protection :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.