EWIDO AND SPYWARE

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Mongol, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I have used Ewido since the release of version 3.0. I just wanted to pick a few minds about Ewido's detections of Trojans and Spyware. Is it good as an overall spyware application or would additional coverage be recommended. Maybe supplement Ewido with Counterspy, Spysweeper or Adaware plus etc? I use Firefox instead of leaky Internet Explorer so maybe a weekly scan with Spybot and/or Adaware free would be enough... o_O :rolleyes: :D :D

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  2. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

:) I personally think using Ewido with any of the antispyware programs you have mentioned would be a good bet.

I'm using SpySweeper, AdAware, and CounterSpy but I have found the first 2 programs have produced fewer F/P's on my PC than CounterSpy has.

HR :cool:

3. TNT

TNT Registered Member

Ewido is one of the best anti-spyware removers around. That said, it's not saying much. I wouldn't rely on Ewido only, at all. I use Ewido, Ad-Aware, Spybot Search & Destroy as scanners, and Spywareblaster as protection, and SnoopFree Privacy Shield against keyloggers. And only those. ONLY, you might say? Right, only because I use Deep Freeze and Kaspersky Pro and they provide adequate protection against spyware (in a different way) already, and I used Firefox which is way less vulnerable than IE.

I've seen a machine during a Coolwebsearch infestation at work (meaning that Coolwebsearch was the one that probably started it all -- many, many different spyware were automatically dowloaded after that). And you know what, we used CoolWebShredder, Pest Patrol, Ewido, F-prot, Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware, HijackThis, Tauscan, and that Trend Micro Antispyware... and there STILL was crap left on the system.

I regularly hunt down trojans and spyware (I know, silly hobby) to help those people who try to fight this awful Internet phenomenon, and pretty much always find something that Ewido, or any other antispyware doesn't detect. Hell, even Kaspersky (which, in my experience, stays far ahead of any antispyware product when it comes to preventive detection) misses a few.

I would recommend that you use definitely more than just Ewido.

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Thanks Hardrocker and TNT for the replies. The hunch I am getting from your posts and a few other replies I have noted in other threads is that I should add a little punch to my DrWeb and Ewido line up. Not to mention my Filesclab firewall. I think I will give Counterspy and Spysweeper a trial spin this month. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.