ewido 4 setup weirdness

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Cidisio, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cidisio

Cidisio Registered Member

Hi

I was suggested to upgrade to v4, which I did.

1) When I launched the setup I got the first box in Czech, even though I had chosen english. That was the first put off.

2) The system rebooted to uninstall Ewido. I thought I was going to install something, but here am I uninstalling Ewido. This could make the paranoid users even more paranoid. An explanation would had been nice.

3) Before the system rebooted I saw a message in the setup window saying "why did you chose to uninstall Ewido?". I actually thought I saw wrong, but that's what it said. No option to give an answer. I don't see what the purpose was with that. Make me even more paranoid?
    Anyway, being quite it-literated I figured out the uninstall was a necessary step in order to install the newer version. Lucklily I was right. If my father had gone through this he had for sure shitted his pants.

4) After having installed v4 I lacked a license key, since the old one wasn't good. Finding out how to get it took me about 15 min. Cumbersome, I think. It'd had been smart if it was sent to my email when I accepted the upgrade.

So, all in all, not good enough. I hope v4 is so good that I won't think about these incidents the next time I have to renew.

best, Cidisio

2. shindig

shindig Registered Member

Hi there, i tried the same thing, unfortunately after uninstalling 3.5, 4 did not automatically install. I had managed to save the new license number, but found myself needing the old one (as i was required to install 4 from scratch) which i have lost or never saved anywhere.

Now i have no 3.5 and cannot install 4. Any ideas how i can find out what my original license number was as i now seem to have paid for the priviledge of unintentionally removing all my spyware protection only 3 months into a 12 month contract. This is bollocks. Help.

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

1. It is always a good idea to uninstall the old version before installing the new version when it is a major new version like going from 3 to 4 and in this case simply required, unless you want both versions running which is a waste of resources, so uninstall it, reboot and install 4.0.

2. You need the new key for version 4.0 not the old one and you need to download the installer for 4.0:http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.