ewido 4 & online armor

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by LoneWolf, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

these two do not play well together on my computer. 3.5 and oa was fine.is 3.5 still supported,am i still able to update 3.5 should i reinstall?

2. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Can you please explain what exactly happens?

BR

3. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

Did you use the free version 3.5 (without the guard)? And do you now use the trial version 4 (with the guard)?

If this is the case, then that would explain why v4 is giving you problems, whereas v3.5 did not.

4. vinzenz.ewido

But it won't explain what happens. I need to know what happens so we can maybe do something that they play well together for customers who want to use them together.

;)

5. i2discover

i2discover Registered Member

Ewido 4.0 (Final Release 4.0.172) conflict with Online Armor. Because, Online Armor (Oasrv.exe) use 40-50% CPU power for every 3 to 5 seconds. I reinstalled the ewido 3.5 and problems went away.

6. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Hi,

Happy to work with you guys to solve this. One thing to bear in mind is that Online Armor proxies registry, file, and internet access - so if you make very many calls to the registry it can cause CPU spikes, otherwise OA is passive.

If you'd like to open up a private line of communication to solve this problem, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Cheers

Mike

7. vinzenz.ewido

PM sent ;)

BR
    Vinzenz

8. LoneWolf

glad to hear you two are working on a fix for this problem.both programs work great and i would like to keep both.ewido 3.5 paid w/guard active and oa work very well together.ewido 4 w/guard and oa do not.hope there is a fix soon would hate to have to part w/one or the other.oasrv.exe on my pc went up to 90-99%cpu.shut down ewido and it went to 0%cpu.

9. vinzenz.ewido

This issue should be fixed by the next Online Armor update.

BR

10. LoneWolf

great news.thank you.once again ewido+oa support prove to be the best there is.

11. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Re: ewido anti-spyware 4.0.0.172 final is available now!

Ewido 4 final and OA AV+ are still fighting with CPU usage. Better yet ewido.exe and oasrv.exe.

Oasrv.exe is jumping to around 14-17% on the cpu when the Ewido GUI is closed. When you open the Ewido GUI, ewido jumps cpu up to 23% and Oaser.exe follows with up to 17% variations as well.

Maybe this should be reported to Ewido network or something.

dja2k

12. LoneWolf

i've found that by right clicking on the ewido icon in the lower right hand corner of my screen,unchecking start ewido with windows,oasrv.exe cpu drops from 90-99%cpu to 0-5%cpu.so i just start ewido manualy after windows is up.

13. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks travellinman, I saw your post in the tallemu forums. Though there has to be a fix for this to work together in the future because unfortunately even OA AV+ 1.1.1.804 isn't fixing the problem. Oasrv.exe is stilling jumping cpu usage like crazy. Oasrv.exe is umping from 13 - 17 % cpu and ewido.exe is only jumping from 2 % to 8 %. So yes, a specific OA AV+ and Ewido change is necessary for it to work together. Knowing Mike, he is probably already cooking up that fix. :p

dja2k

14. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

UPDATE

Well what worked for me and another person at the tallemu forum was uninstalling OA AV+ completely and reinstalling a fresh copy. The problem after restart is gone. Though the ewido jumping cpu when you open the gui is still there of course, but that is an ewido problem not OA AV+.

[EDIT]
    Well, I swear it was okay last night, but this afternoon when I check my computer, again oasrv.exe is jumping cpu usage. This time its not that bad, only up to around 9% max. Ewido.exe is not jumping any with the GUI closed.

dja2k

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  15. ekwipt

ekwipt Registered Member

I have been having the same problems as well, i'm going to check back later and see if you guys work out a solution

16. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

If you have Online Armor set to track changes to Ewido then uncheck that option. This will eliminate much of the problem. This is per Mike Nash at Online Armor. I did this and things are running smooth for me. This is a temporary solution til the next OA build comes along...:D

17. ekwipt

ekwipt Registered Member

18. ekwipt

ekwipt Registered Member

Also i guess another thing to consider for everyone, is which program should i/we run Ewido or Online Armour, while this is being fixed??

19. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I wonder is it due to every 5 sec registry write by Ewido guard?

20. ekwipt

ekwipt Registered Member

I'm currently talking to one of the support for OA and he's going to get back to me. The only fix at the moment is to turn one program off or put up with the spikes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.