EWIDO 4 Getting Poor reviews AGAIN

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by KenSix, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenSix

KenSix Registered Member

2. KenSix

KenSix Registered Member

This one really caught my attention,:doubt:

You'll shell out the same $29.95 for the paid version of ewido as you will for Spy Sweeper or Spyware Doctor, but it performs terribly by comparison. The Analysis and Tools pages are fun for tweakers, but they don't make up for a product that fails at its main task. I've seen the free version recommended for use as a "second opinion" scan. But the free version only offers on-demand scanning and removal, with no real-time protection, and spyware removal is the product's weakest point. Until Grisoft beefs up ewido so it can reliably clean an infested system, I don't recommend using it.o_O

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the site just posted PC Magazine's review. its not different.

4. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

I don't know that we need answers per se.... but a response would be nice.

That article is pretty damning.

I think what we need is the innovative spirit that put Ewido on the map to return.

Sometimes when a little company is swallowed by a larger company, development is stifled for a number of reasons.

But with increased resources and the original Ewido innovative spirit, I would think things could be turned around.

A good start would be for Fish to start talking to us on a regular basis again. It’s ironic that we saw more of Fish before Ewido had is own forum here.

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I haven't had any problems with v4.0. I've been using Ewido since 3.0 and love the program.

I used 4.0 today to clean up a system. I booted to safe mode, ran a full scan and it found around 2-dozen things of different severity, and cleaned/removed all of them without any problems. The extra tools worked just like it was supposed to.

In fact, Ewido's alarms went off right after the install finished, telling me of some running processes that were bad.

I use it on all my systems and will continue to do so.

I'll admit, I wasn't all that thrilled to hear Grisoft bought them, especially after their v7 release was so bad compared to v6 of their AV, but I haven't had any problems yet :)

6. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I'm not taking this review seriously.
    A test using 16 "samples"?24 if you count the keyloggers.
    How is that an accurate guage of how good Ewido or any other antispyware program is at detection and removal?

7. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

But still... Ewido came out worst of the tested packages. No matter how many samples used this is a devestating result.

And if you read all articles you can see that the author did a good job, just like a 'normal' user would see if he used the program in question (any of them).

8. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Well, i've read the articles and cannot see why they should be proff of "that the author did a good job"?

Yes, it is not good from a marketing/sales point of view...but devestating is probably a little extreme, it does of course not help when users are ready to turn their backs on a program in a heartbeat and on the way out do a bit of bashing as well while commending/selling the virtues of the new program they use now...................until this is caught not detecting 5 "spywarecookies" or something and then the circus starts again.

24 viruses is not enought to say a program is good or bad.

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

There's already been so many threads on this exact subject - let's close this one down and keep the discussion in this one which is the first two merged together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.