Ewido 4.0 Questions

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by TheKid7, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Ewido 4.0 seems to be working fine on my 2 PC's but I have a couple of questions:

1. Under 'System Analysis' no programs are shown under "Processes". Why are no programs shown?

2. Is there a way to Password Protect Ewido and its settings? It seems that password protections would help keep Ewido from being shut-down by Malware.

Thank you.

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

1) Running processes should be listed in the 'Processes' tab of the analysis section. I have no explanation as to why they are not listed in your case. You could try downloading a fresh copy of ewido and re-installing (uninstalling ewido and rebooting, before the re-install), ensuring that all security progs (FW, AV etc) are disabled during the install. However this procedure may interfere with any trial period you are currently enjoying:-

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=136190

2) Password protection of apps is generally to prevent other users from bringing up the GUI and changing the settings, rather than protecting against shutdown by malware. Ewido has other ways of countering this, just ensure the box 'Block termination of ewido anti-spyware' is checked in the 'Shield' section of the GUI.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Password protection may be included in a future version as noted in the below quote by an ewido rep in answer to this feature request.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=788729#post788729

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Been on holiday so I have just noticed this thread. I also have no programs shown under processes in "system analysis". I have a paid for version of Ewido 4 which i have had since it came out of beta. I previously had a paid for version of 3.5.
    Running xp sp2, no problems whatsoever with Ewido apart from this.

5. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I have noticed on two of my PC's (The 3rd one is turned off now.) that the running processes are showing up now. For some reason it took a long time for them to show up. I would guess that the 3rd PC is OK now.

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I have e-mailed Ewido about this problem and will post their reply when I get it.

7. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Just a quick update. After downloading the latest version of Ewido4 , still no processes listed. The Ewido team have come up with a couple of ideas such as disabling my bluetooth, but no joy yet.
    Also know someone in the next village to me with Ewido who has no processes listed.
    Will keep you all posted

8. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Processes show in safe mode.

9. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

After recieving an e-mail from Peter.Ewido running processes now show.
    He asked me to try the following, right click on the ewido icon in the taskbar and choose exit. Now open up Ewido and look and see if had had appeared. It did.
    Now if anyone else has this problem we'll know what to advise!

Well done ewido team for solving this problem. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.