Ewido 4.0 Problems/Questions

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by jeeperscreepers, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeeperscreepers

jeeperscreepers Registered Member

I have recently downloaded the trial version of Ewido anti-spyware 4.0 prior to purchasing, and I think it is an excellent program. I do, however, have a couple of "glitches" that I would appreciate feedback on.
    1)the resident shield shuts itself off occasionally. I have seen a thread here with some user(s) who have experienced this problem, but have been unable to locate a definitive answer thus far. If it is posted here, I apologize for this redundant post.
    2)Ewido doesn't always load at start-up, even though it was setup to do so. A right-click of the taskbar icon shows that the "start with windows" has mysteriously become unchecked.
    Hope that some members who are more experienced with this program can enlighten me! Thanks in advance and best regards to all--

2. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

jeeperscrepers,

I noticed this while I was using the trial of ewido 4. it did not happen often, but once in a blue moon it would happen. Since I have registered it I have not seen this happen. Now I do not know if it is just a "quirk" of the trial or so far I have been lucky since registering.

Hope you get answers to #1 and maybe better answers to this one.

Have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

For (1), Vinzenz said in another thread that it is a known issue of the guard and they are fixing it. I am not sure if it also applies to 4.0 but I haven't experience this before.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=136892

4. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

The answer was related to 3.5.
    In 4.0 we're still trying to understand this issue.
    We cannot figure out why the guard gets inactive. We're still searching for the reason :oops:

BR

5. jeeperscreepers

Thanks for your response, HelpFromFrance. The program removing itself from start-up is a relatively new thing--the shutting-down resident shield has occurred since day #1. When I learn of a solution, I will be sure to post and let you know!

Best regards-

Hi, Chubb-
    Appreciate your input--I have gone to the link that you posted. I know that I read another post about the guard, but forget now which one it was! I'm sure a solution from Ewido is just around the corner!

Vinzenz-
    Will be sure to watch this board for the solution(s)! It is great to have resident Ewido experts to answer users' concerns.

6. jeeperscreepers

Vinzenz:

Thought you might like to know that I have not experienced either of these problems since downloading and purchasing the 4.0 "b" version of ewido. Whatever the ewido team did, it seems to be "cured"! Thanks-:)

7. vinzenz.ewido

Hum, I don't think that it is really solved by this setup. :doubt:

But it is nice to hear that it is working for you. :)

Regards,

Vinzenz

8. gryffandor

gryffandor Registered Member

I am also having problems with the Resident Sheild turning itself off since going to 4.0. It seems to happen when the computer is inactive for long periods (overnight).

9. hselburn

hselburn Registered Member

I've had good results with ewido for quite awhile, but now the resident guard icon fails to appear, although if I launch the main application, it says the guard is active. Is the guard active and is there an update on the way to the program. I love the daily updates to the malware list!

Thanks!
    hselburn

10. vinzenz.ewido

If you're using WinXP, you might turn of your UPnP Service, this causes the icon not to appear when you boot on many systems.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.