Ewido 4.0 beta - positive feedback

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware beta forum' started by pwillener, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

Forgive me, as a newcomer to this forum, to open a new general topic on my own. But I do think positive feedback should also be provided :D

I love the new icon! The old yellow e was a bit... boring.
    Great design - it looks really protective!

2. vince35

vince35 Registered Member

+1 for the new icon :thumb:

3. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

There have been some problems reported, but I don't see any of them. I uninstalled Ewido 3.5 before installing 4.0. As soon as it was installed, I updated the definitions, looked through all my settings, and ran a quick scan. Everything went normally, and I love the new interface.

I had feared that memory usage and CPU's would be high. They did seem high until I updated my definitions and ran my first scan. Now in the task manager, guard.exe is at 4396 K and ewido.exe is at 2136K. My system configuration also includes Spysweeper and McAfee VirusScan, and they are all playing well together, just like with 3.5.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2006
  4. scoopnoggin

scoopnoggin Registered Member

I think this is the finest software of its class I have ever used. Ewido already had the best cleaning engine, and now it has the most user friendly and cleanest looking GUI. As an example, most software of this type won't let you utilize other parts of the program while scanning. Ewido doesn't skip a beat. And yes the icon is very classy. awesome. IMO :D

5. toasale

toasale Registered Member

As a newbie to this forum, but not to other forums on security or being a b-tester, Ewido has a remarkable package, even in Beta!

I tested with C-Spy & Webroot and Ewido is as good, if not better than the aforementioned. The definition database is very up-to-date, ala Webroot/C-Spy, and its scan speed and strength is top-rate, as well.

New users who look for a well designed, easy to understand GUI will adore this product.

6. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Same here, the Guard uses 4.78MB RAM and Ewido.exe uses 1.62 MB RAM, although on VM it uses 29.38MB and 42.16MB.
    All in all it's rock solid with all the rest that's running in my systray.
    Very satisfied and happily surprised with this 1st beta, so I'm looking forward to the new versions. :cool:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/eldarwyn/Wilders/ewido_4_beta.jpg

Like the new GUI too. :thumb:

7. Brandon

Brandon Registered Member

The guard.exe for me stands around 22k and ewido.exe around 2k for me. Other than that great job :thumb: I am really liking 4.0 :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.