ewido 3.5 system hang during Memory Scan when Powerstrip is running

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by krich, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krich

krich Registered Member

Hi guys,

I'm giving ewido 3.5 a trial on my system after downloading it yesterday from the ewido website.

I also have Powerstrip (www.entechtaiwan.com) running on my system as it but when Powerstrip is running in the background and I run a scan with ewido, ewido causes the system to freeze/hang during the memory scan.

If I close Powerstrip, everything works fine.

Btw, the same happens with Spy Sweeper from Webroot. If Powerstrip is running, Spy Sweeper causes the system to freeze/hang during the memory scan but close Powerstrip and everything is fine.

Neither Webroot or Entech know what is going on but other some other people also have exactly the same problem.

As it is happening with ewido too as I have tested, I hope there is some solution and would really appreciate some help guys

Cheers

2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Hmm, which version of PowerStrip are you using? 3.63? Any special settings?

3. krich

krich Registered Member

Hi,

It is version 3.64 Build 541 of Powerstrip.

No special settings at all, I've even defaulted everything, disabled all unnecessary modules, disabled each module 1 by 1 and everything but as long as Powerstrip is running, bam and the system hangs during the memory scan.

No Powerstrip running and everything is perfect.

Cheers

4. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

I also have powerstrip running--i can report no problems on this end.

5. krich

krich Registered Member

Thanks for the input. I am wondering if it is something to do with the way Powerstrip is interacting with the ATI card as the same thing happens if ATITool is running.

6. Excessive

Excessive Registered Member

Same here. I am using the PowerStrip 3.63 Build 540, and the system hangs while memory scan. If I close PowerStrip, everything goes fine.

7. InterClaw

InterClaw Registered Member

Dito.

The system just hangs when it gets to pstrip.exe. Using PowerStrip 3.63 Build 540 on WinXP SP2, but I'm using an Nvidia card (latest ForceWare). Shutting down PowerStrip before the memory scan "solves" the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.