ewido 3.5 should I wait or not...?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by mypenry, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mypenry

mypenry Registered Member

Ive just purchased ewido V 3.5 for use on my first new computer, I am just wondering if I should now download the new beta version ' or ' wait until its fully up tested and running...?

advice and comments to this Newbie please

Thanks ......... Mypenry

2. btman

btman Registered Member

The beta seems to run smoothly on most computers, if you want to post problems (if you have any with it) and help Ewido development sure, otherwise stick with 3.5 if it fits your needs perfect until 4.0 is officially out.

3. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

They are still working on some bug fixes in the current version of Ewido beta. Personally, I would wait at least until the new build of the beta is released. But that is a matter of personal preference. I have had good and bad experiences doing beta testing, and lately I have grown more cautious.

4. mypenry

mypenry Registered Member

Thanks Guy's for the replys ..I think I will wait until its fully up tested and running...?

Thanks ............... Mypenry

5. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

So.....any approximate date set or idea when it will be an official release and out of beta?

6. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

I think it is better for Ewido/Grisoft not to play Microsoft; announce a release date, then delay it, then delay it again.

I think, from the current state of the beta that it will be sometime second half of 2006.

7. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I hear what you are saying, pwillener.....and that's why I asked "approximately". There's a huge difference between announcing a "firm" date and an "approximate" date. "Approximately" allows the flexibility that it could actually be sooner than the date projected, OR could be a little later. But I agree that a firm date is a recipe that is simply asking for trouble.

Gee, glad to see you're not going out on a limb there or anything :p :D Yeah, I'd kinda hope that would be the case.....since two weeks from now we'll be into July, which officially kicks off "the second half"....

8. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

No, it is today.

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

and if you're looking for the new key: http://www.ewido.net/en/upgrade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.