Ewido 3.5 review - poor outcome

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by wings, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wings

wings Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2006
  2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

10 hours? Sorry, it simply deletes files and registry keys... They even failed to update the product name in many places to ewido anti-malware, tho I extra told them to do so. Did they do the test in the same sloppy manner? I do not know...

And if you have a look at the overview which can be found at
    hxxp://www.adwarereport.com/mt/archives/000004.html
    there are several things that are simply plain wrong, for example: Update frequency... According to the table, we got the WORST update frequency of all Top 10 products tested, however, we are the ONLY one to update AT LEAST daily (even on weekends!), everyone can see the prove in the update forum... No refund policy? We are offering a 30-days-no-questions-asked refund policy since years... And so on...

I don't want to spend more time on this test, I already tried it but apparently failed... :(

3. SpiritWind

SpiritWind Registered Member

"Adwarereport.com"

Adwarereport.com is an UNRELIABLE site . It is on Eric Howes "Rogue/suspect" site as follows :

"Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Sites

As the problems with spyware and adware have exploded over the past few years, a number of web sites have sprung up to provide information and even to recommend anti-spyware programs. All too many of these sites are not trustworthy as guides to spyware solutions. Especially bad are the many anti-spyware "review" sites that purport to provide "objective" reviews of anti-spyware programs. The problem with these "review" sites is that many of them push "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware applications. Indeed, many of these sites are affiliates for the very products they "review" and recommend. Most of these sites advertise heavily on Google.

Name Domains Comments

Adware Report
    adwarereport.com site webmaster is affiliate for products reviewed . "

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I think you need to follow a new security Guru....yours is on crack.

5. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

ewido should consider taking these people to court for their false testing.

6. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

To put it simply, that report is a crock of ****. I'm a multi-cerified IT pro, and ewido is among the finest programs in its category. I've seen it deal with mal-ware first hand. If it were functioning as poorly as this so-called report stated, I wouldn't recomend it to my clients, let alone my family's machines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.