Ewido 3.5 Launch Freeze - Normal Behaviour?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by SteveTetch, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveTetch

SteveTetch Registered Member

I've been using Ewido Security Suite 3.5 since an evaluation copy came bundled on a magazine cover disc a few months ago. I upgraded to the lifetime license after a few weeks because it appeared to be doing the right things (and the mag's recommendation was important).

After a while, however, whenever I opted to "Launch Main Program" by right-clicking on the system tray icon, the normal Ewido screen appeared, but the application refused to respond to any clicks for various periods from 45 secs to upwards of 5 minutes before becoming normally responsive again. The cursor didn't change when rolled over the clickable bits in the program window during this time.

If I clicked onto another program then back to Ewido, the program window would be there, but would be completely white, as if the system were busy doing other things (but what?!) and couldn't spare the resources to redraw the screen. Other applications remained responsive, albeit much slower while this was happening.

Once whatever time delay had been waited out, Ewido would snap back into life and behave as normally, but the freeze delay concerns me. I've also noticed the update window takes differing lengths of time to complete - sometimes it's there on the bottom right of my screen for a few seconds, as I would expect, (I have a 10Mbps cable connection), but other times it sticks at the 0% indicator for a minute or so while at others it sticks at the 100% indicator for longer than I would expect. The stick at 0% I could put down to occaisional glitches in Internet access but the delay after the update is complete mystifies me.

Is this normal behaviour or should I be looking for something not right on my machine? I have an Athlon 2400XP wiith 512Mb RAM and about 250 Gb of hard drive space, spread over two disks and four drives, (with plenty of free space on each).

I recently performed a full system scan in Safe Mode and, despite taking several hours to complete, found nothing.

Can anyone explain this delay?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Please close all other running programs in the backgroud and check if you still have the problems with the ewido software.

3. SteveTetch

SteveTetch Registered Member

Karl,

Apologies for not responding to your suggestion. The problem is no longer apparent having upgraded to the much-improved v 4.

Many thanks,

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.