Evolution, ONES, or CDRTFE

Discussion in 'polls' started by n8chavez, May 12, 2008.

?

Which burning software would you use?

1. Prassi Ones

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Complex Evolution

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. CDRTFE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

CDRTFE, Evolution, or ONES.

I've been trying to decide for quite a while now what burning application use and I've never been able to settle on one. So, I thought I'd let other users tell me their opinions. Here's what I need to consider:

1. I frequently create bootable ATI files, so I need to be able to create bootable images.

2. I like small, yet very configurable, applications.

3. Both Evolution and CDRTFE are portable.

However, the default settings for evolution are replaced once a saved project is loaded; the default settings then become those of that project. It's a bug in Evolution.

ONES does not create bootable images, so I'll need to add IMGburn is I decide to use that. It is not portable (as far as I know). It is also no longer being developed.

CDRTFE is very customizable. If is roughly 10 meg, whereas the other two are 2-3 meg. I am a little ineasy, perhaps for no reason, when using open sourced cdrtools that uses a different exe file for every function. My thinking is that using an approach like this makes it possible for more things to go wrong. On the plus side, CDRTFE does allow for handy context menu entries.

Confused? Me too. But what would you do?

Attached Files:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Only 3 choices? :doubt:

Well of those, Ive only tried ONES. Its nice but I dont know if its still in development.

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Yes, only those three. I only have licences for Evolution and ONES. Also, ONES is indeed no longer being actively developed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.