EVGA GTX 1060 SC specs question

Discussion in 'hardware' started by wutsup, Jan 31, 2017.

1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

Hey Wilders, HOLY COW!!!!!!! I haven't logged in to this forum for a long long time, can't believe I still remembered my password and log in name haha.

Anyways, I got an EVGA GTX 1060 SC edition and the boost spec for the core clock is 1835mhz, but under gaming it goes all the way to 1987mhz. I have not overclocked it at all. Any reason why it's higher than spec?

Thanks

2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Are you using the latest EVGA Precision X OC to get your measurements? Perhaps you unwittingly overclocked your card -- Precision X OC works in mysterious ways, there still being no instructions for its use the last I checked.

Did you ever overclock it with EVGA Precision X OC ? - sometimes Precision will inadvertently keep the default at the overclocked speed, even after downclocking the card. If that is the case, do a clean reinstall of Precision.

Also note that GPU 3. Boost can boost above 1835mhz if thermal and other conditions allow. 1835 is not the upper limit of GPU 3. Boost.

This thread may put your mind at ease:

http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1060-SC-GAMING-overclocking-issue-m2575369.aspx

Also note that out of the box the GTX 1060 SC easily overclocks to 2000+MHz with no issues.

If you need further assurance, try the EVGA Series 10 Forum yourself. You should get a a quick response, I always have. The community is highly knowlegeable and generous with it's offers of help.

http://forums.evga.com/EVGA-GeForce-10-Series-f103.aspx

If still concerned submit a support ticket.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  3. CrusherW9

CrusherW9 Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.