Ever used TCPview from sysinternals.com?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by tom772, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom772

tom772 Guest

I recently downloaded a program from www.sysinternals.com called tcpview, when i ran it, it seem to work fine, but after a few times it tried to connect the internet and also when i was looking at some the hidden files on my computer i noticed a rewmote desktop connection, which is somehow part of tcpview.

Has anybody used this programm before, woud like to know,

thank tom

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

A really nice program, a bit like 'Active Ports':- http://www.snapfiles.com/screenshots/activeports.htm

I run TCPView.exe, but I use version 2.34, rather than 2.4, because for some strange reason the new version will not display all my connections. I've never had this problem before with the program and cannot understand why it happens - but I just can't get it working!

The connections section of ewido and the command prompt netstat -a both work fine, as did all the earlier versions of TCPView, but not 2.4

For that reason I would recommend Active Ports rather than TCPView 2.4.

3. tom772

tom772 Guest

Topper have you ever noticed a remote desktop connection as part of TCPview, when looking at all the hidden files in windows? I've stated using netstat and port explorer, both very good. Was just a bit worried in case im compromised:(:)

Thanx T

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

No, I've never noticed such a thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.