Ever used Authensys with firewall.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Any body has used Authensys . May be a rouge antispyware type product? How good is this. I am just downloading it and will try it with Jetico. If you have some exerience with it,please tell. There is no information that it is freeware or trial, also no system requirements.

http://www.authensys.com

Seems attractive to me as i am novice in PC security.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have already seen this thread. How you know they are going out of business?

I just tried it today for few hours but removed as it makes system slow, every time firefox or messenger start, it stops and tries to authenticate it, even windows normal processes being authenticated every time, a big drag on system. Idea seemed good but the practical was a failure. Can,t love it any more but I like the idea, my be it can be improved as ordinary people want no pop ups asking for decision from you.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

thats just what i read from the first link i provided

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I read that a couple of days ago as well, precisely as the screen shot provided indicated. That header no longer appears. Maybe there's been a change in direction over the past few days.

Blue

6. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi All,

I know this is an old thread but noticed the website is still there. Is the company still in buisness and is anyone using any of there products?

Last things reported when I did a Wilders search was its shutting down but looks still alive on the webpage. Interesting though there are no prices anywhere that I could see?

Cheers

Jlo

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Hey members. I'm gullible for trying new and inventive security software in hopes it makes the grade so to speak without taxing the system overly strong.

If not for just installing the new Comodo i might too put this one thru some paces but right now too excited over the new release and the fact this my first firewall change in about 3 years. I always hold my breath waiting for the hammer to drop when trying them for the first time. If a firewall goes down you got to be ready to pull the plug quick these days.

Think i'll run it through CounterSpy's Sandbox and see what it reports first plus i could install it on this other box of XP Pro over here just to check it out. It does make some pretty high claims i see.

8. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Look foward to hearing how you get on?

I like the idea that it checks the file through a blacklist (On some of the forum postings it looks like they pass it through a scanner which may be KAV) and then through a white list. If the program is not on the whitelist it says it is checked by a researcher in 'near real time'

Would be interested to know how it works in the real world.

The thing that puts me off trying is there are no prices on the website plus they were supposed to have gone bust in early 2006 but are now back and when you click on the viruses they have caught first they are all from 2005??

Well if anone is willing to try it I would be interested to hear what its like.

Cheers

Jlo

9. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

I gave it a try and this is what happened:

After installing it and restarting (as prompted), the boot process becomes very slow (and also results in winlogon.exe giving an error message then restarting the PC).

10. jlo

jlo Registered Member

That does not sound good!

Think it may be best left alone then!

Thanks for trying it!

Jlo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.