Ever Googled your real name?

Discussion in 'polls' started by noone_particular, May 16, 2014.

?

Have you Googled your real name?

1. No

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Yes

49 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Have you ever searched your real name on Google just to see what it finds? Without getting too specific, what were the results like? Accurate? Misinformation? Far too much information available?

I voted no.

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes I have...many years ago. I didn't find anything :)

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Yup. Couldn't find any info on me as far the eye went. Googled again right now. Still nothing.:thumb:

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I did many times and found pretty much nothing...

5. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

I've thought about it but haven't done it.

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Tell me your name and I can do it for you :p

7. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Yes I did. Two relevant finds (I'm not the only one having my name). I've also set google alert (http://www.google.com/alerts) to get notification if new search result is indexed.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  8. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Yes. First result is a Facebook profile. Not me. After, there are few articles about a story "I was part of". A conspiracy where I was trying to kill the chief communist dictator in my country. I'm probably one of the youngest revolutionary ever because I was only 3 years old at that time. In this story two people involved in this conspiracy are son and father. I share same family name with them, and my given name with the son and my second given name with the father.

9. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

@Wroll Do you think we can find your real name with all the info you just gave us? :)

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Yes i do it every now and then for fun.
    Absolutely nothing found about me but there seems to be people with the same name. Hahahaha

11. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

To be honest, I don't think many people from my country know the story. I didn't knew it until I Googled it. In conclusion, I don't think so.

12. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

Yes.
    Nothing to worry about.

13. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

I get my Linkedin profile and my twitter one.
    Actually this last one was used just for getting in touch with Postal Service via DM, I have a fake name account on Twitter for other stuff.

14. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Yes I have. Nothing about me. As with others I share the same name with a couple of other people. Because my given name is used by both male and female, the results can be interesting. There is one individual with my name who is a convicted criminal and there is a lot about that person. He was wanted for sometime in the USA and was on the run. I am surprised that I have never had any border crossing issues. Another is a famous artist and there is a lot about her accomplishments. If I include my middle name in the search nothing comes up. The family has done the same with their names and they too have found a lot of people share their name. I understand that the EU has passed a law that forces Google to remove info about an individual if they ask them to do so. I guess this only refers to gossipy stuff. I should imagine that other ISEs will eventually have to comply unless an appeal is successful.

15. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

This is my real name ! LOL

Yes i have & nothing. Others with the same name though. That "could" be a problem for some, if searchers don't check further & presume it's the same person !

16. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

Being one of the world's most boring people, no surprise I didn't come up in any search result.:thumbd:

17. Gullible Jones

Gullible Jones Registered Member

Yes, back when I still had a Facebook page. There were so many more interesting people with the same name that I didn't even find that.

18. guest

guest Guest

No. My real name is long and I know doing it will be pointless. I already have many keywords to search, so I don't really have time to waste the precious 45 seconds of my life for such things.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
  19. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Yes...but, I found more with the now defunct Scroogle, but my name has disappeared again. It was uninimportant, what was there, once a upon a time.

20. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Based on the previous comments, am I the only on, who wants to be known?! :shifty:
    Well my nick is linked to my name, so it reveals pretty much everything I want it too.

21. guest

guest Guest

Just for the lulz, my mother's name is almost similar to a liquor. I make fun of it in some occasions. :argh:

22. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

yes and I am famous. lol

23. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

Seeing this poll I just Google my name and came up with where I lived 35 years ago, Military information, School information, my wife's information, my mother-in-laws information and more......... Looks like your privacy in this world is out the window! :eek:

24. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

Real name, what am I supposed to do, Google a fake name?:D Of course I have, I would find it surprising if less than 90% of the poll haven't.

25. J_L

J_L Registered Member

1,240,000 (mostly?) unrelated results. Should I try with my native language?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.