Event Viewer and tifsfilt.sys

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rkba_net, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkba_net

rkba_net Registered Member

I am running TI10 build 4940... right after install I have noticed the following error in Windows Event Viewer...

Audit Failure Event ID 5038

Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\System32\drivers\tifsfilt.sys

It seems that tifsfilt.sys is an Acronis file... because if I delete it and reboot I get a different error that says a Acronis Filter service cannot start... also if I delete tifsfilt.sys and reinstall TI10 the file is recreated and the tifsfilt.sys error starts again. Any help is appreciated.

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Could be grasping at straws here but the file may have got corrupted during download.
    A fresh download and install might cure the problem

3. rkba_net

rkba_net Registered Member

I tried deleting the offending file and reinstalling TI... it of course recreates the file and the problem persists...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that tifsfilt.sys file, which is located in system32\drivers\ folder is one of the Acronis drivers.

In addition, the message you see in the Windows Event Viewer is not the error actually. It indicates that the mentioned driver is unsigned and Windows warns you that it fails to recognize the sign.

We are currently working on signing Acronis Drivers and the digital signs will be included in our future releases.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

A genral problem with the Win Event Viewer is that many of the Events are nonevents, that is, insignificant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.