Event ID 6004 and shut down issues

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Lastresort, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lastresort

Lastresort Registered Member

First post so here goes,

I have installed ESS on a peer to peer network for a customer using new Fujitsu Siemens hardware and a PC acting as a file server for a simple back office system. For a while now the PC's event log are full up with 6004 events that i presume are coming from network resources and experience lockups from time to time within the application. The only one without the 6004 is the PC acting as a server because it is not using any mapped drives. I'm sure that this is linked to a random shutdown issue that affects every PC except the server. Once every 2-3 weeks every pc will just shutdown with no warning- not all at the same time or even same day but usually within the same 14 days. I have replicated the 6004 errors on my PC using the same installation file as the customer and have just upgraded to .672. Guess what? Same errrors!! Is there any way to stop these 6004 errors? My PC just crashed as well with no warning. Anybody got any ideas??

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

There's already a thread on this error. No idea what you mean about the "mapped drives", also information about your OS etc. is lacking. Also, what's "within the application"? Which application?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.